Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A birth sampler

Thanks for all your comments, I have really enjoyed reading them! This is what I have been stitching on since the weekend. It is 'Borage and Bramble' from the Bramble Hearth leaflet by Shepherds Bush.


It will be a birth sampler for my friend's grandson. I stitched the 'Blue Berry Button' sampler from the same leaflet for his older brother, so I am hoping they will like this one too!



Here is my total progress so far; as you can see, I am not stitching it exactly as the pattern. Once again, the colours in the photo are not showing well. This is stitched on a light sand linen (soft buttery/sandy yellow) and the DMC colours are 778,315, 316, 524, 520, 932, 931 and 823. As always, all photos are clickable if you want to see larger versions.





8 comments:

Tammy said...

Very cute Jackie! Such an adorable design!

Daffycat said...

How delightful! This will be such a sweet keepsake.

Brigitte said...

What a reat choice. I love those little sheepies.
BTW, is this a hydrangea in the header of your blog?

Edgar said...

I love this sampler you are working on!! Thanks for stopping by the blog.

Jeanne said...

That's really cute - love the sheepie. Your recent BOAF finish is great. I am sorry to hear about your special pet passing away...it is always heartbreaking to loose the little ones who've stolen our hearts. God has given them way too little time with us.

Lhassa said...

C'est adorable, j'adore ce style un peu naïf !

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Very nice design.

Nina said...

How lovely is this sheepie :)) Great progress! :)