Saturday, August 08, 2009

Bloom where you are planted

I can hardly believe that I have another little finish to show! This one is 'bloom where you are planted' by Birds of a Feather. It is stitched on Belfast light-sand linen, although you can't tell that from these photos I have worked out how to get clear photos with this camera, but decent colour really eludes me! I had most of the required variegated threads and subbed just a couple with DMC.........
This is quite a colourful piece but nowhere near as brash as it looks in these photos



Here is the overall finished result.......... This was a straightforward, pleasurable stitch and I can recommend the piece, it is very pretty.



I have had a very pleasurable day so far, in spite of being temporarily extremely deaf. I am already completely deaf in one ear and the hearing in my other ear (the one previously known as my 'good' ear by all who know me) has decreased suddenly this week. My GPs surgery advised me to put ear drops in to clear the ear canal and now I have done that I can barely hear anything....well, maybe it has to get worse before getting better and who knows, I may get a little more stitching done if I am not distracted by the sound of the TV this evening? I have been looking through my Shepherds Bush stash today and have realised how many SB pieces I want to start at once LOL. So many lovely things to stitch and so little time.

Many thanks to all of you that take the time to visit me and especially to those who leave comments. I do love to read them all!

10 comments:

Daffycat said...

Oh Jackie ~ I love this little house! Wonderful finish!

I hope your hearing clears up!

Deb said...

Your finish is just gorgeous! What a sweet thing it is!

Deb said...

The BBD piece is so sweet. That must have been a really fun little stitch. I hear you on the SB pieces. I just finished one up and decided to keep on in my rotation all the time - I was really surprised at how many I had. Yikes!

Hope that your ear clears up. Maybe once the ear drops start working your magic you'll hear better - sometimes it takes a little time.

Just Me and My Shadow said...

Such a cutey. Well done.

Chrissie

Katrina said...

OH Jackie, that's not fun. Hope you get your ear issue figured out quickly.

Love your little BOAF piece, you are certainly finishing lots of projects the past week or two.

Karoline said...

I hope your ears are improving. Bloom where you are planted is gorgeous, congratulations

Susimac said...

This looks wonderful, congrats on your finish.

Brigitte said...

This is such a gorgeous finish. I love the way the flowers are designed in this piece. And the colours. And the alphabet. And and and ... you get the picture, don't you, lol.

Brigitte said...

PS: I hope your hearing problems have vanished in the meantime.

Nina said...

Hi Jackie,


Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words :)
Well... This BOAF is so great, I also have stitched some months ago, and it looks so pretty, isn't it!

Have a wonderful day,

Nina xoxoxox