Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Princess Pamela......

This post is a very sad one for me as I am writing it to mark the loss of my little dog Pamela who died last Saturday..........
We have had her for 10 years as she was already 2 when we got her. We inherited an extremely timid but loveable little dog who blossomed into an affectionate and fun companion. It is certainly true that she believed that she was in fact a princess and not a dog at all and eventually she managed to bring us all around to this idea...... :-)

Here she is with Maisie who is our lab/collie cross


We will miss you Pamela; we will even miss your extraordinarily imperious ways......... :-)


As always, thanks for visiting.....








11 comments:

Sheila said...

Jackie - so sorry to read of your loss - she was a beautiful looking dog :)
Hugs.
Sheila

Nina said...

Hello Jackie,

I'm so sorry to read you lost your little dog...
When I was a child I had a puppy, Iknow what means having dogs... Sorry!

Btw your works are so beautiful, I'll visit you often :)
Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Nina
from Hungary

Daffycat said...

Oh, Jackie...I'm so sorry for your loss. ***hugs***

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jackie. How lucky Pamela was to have found you and you her! I know you'll miss her. ((((hugs))))

Deb said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss! They become so much like a child that the loss can be so hard to take! At least she had all those wonderful years with you and you with her.

Just Me and My Shadow said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your little dog. I am sure as time passes the sadness you are experiencing will be replaced by happy memories of the times you spent together. Run free little Pamela.

Chrissie

Jackie in UK said...

Thank you all for your kind words about this post - I really do appreciate them!

Hugs,

Jackie x

Katrina said...

Jackie, I am so sorry about Pamela, I know how much you loved her. Lots of good thoughts for you and your DH.

Karoline said...

I'm sorry for your loss {{{{Hugs}}}}

Deb said...

Oh, dear, Jackie! I'm sending many hugs and condolences about losing Pamela. That's so heartbreaking.

Susimac said...

Oh Jackie, I am so sorry of your loss of your beautiful Pamela - sending hugs