Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Hello one and all, I want to start this post by thanking each and every one of you that left me a comment about 'My Son', I really appreciate it! The general concensus was that I should just go ahead and get it framed and that is exactly what I have done! I will post a photo as soon as it comes back from the framers!
In the meantime, I have made this little book for my dad and he seems very pleased with it. Iused some mottled hand-dyed yellow linen and a Gloriana varigated silk to stitch it. I also used a hand made paper to line the book and the design is from 'For the Birds' by Drawn Thread. Very many thanks to Loreta for her wonderful instructions for making these little notebooks. Her blog is an absolute joy to look at and I recommend it very highly to you if you are not already a regular visitor!
Here are some photos for you to enjoy..... :-)







6 comments:

lena-lou said...

Hi there :) What a lovely book for your Dad I bet he was chuffed to bits !

Brigitte said...

Whata great book, Jackie. I love the design you used for it, it's perfect. And the finishing - so great and perfect too. I will go to Loreta's blog and look for the instructions. This makes wonderful gifts.

Katrina said...

Jackie, your book is so neat! Love it.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Love your book, Jackie! Your dad will really enjoy it. Cant wait to see your "My Son" framed!

Karoline said...

The book is gorgeous Jackie, congratulations

Andrea said...

A wonderful gift for your dad.