Sunday, April 12, 2009

Carols box.....

Here, at last, are the photos of the beautiful box which Carol made for my birthday - I just love it! The design is by Blackbird Designs and is one of my favourites!
I am sure that you will agree that Carol has made a fabulous job of the finishing, as well as the stitching.......

She even lined all the inside of the box too - isn't it pretty? I am very lucky, I know :-)

I hope that you are all having a wonderful Easter weekend. Yesterday we went to Crosby to see the art exhibition on the beach. It is called 'Another place' and is by artist Anthony Gormley. If you are not familiar with this exhibition you can find out about it here . When we arrived the tide was in, which meant that the figures started to appear as the tide turned. It was very interesting!
Today I went to the picture Framers to collect 'My Son', have been taking photographs and doing a little stitching on La D Da's 'In the Forest' which I am determined to finish before starting anything else. Watch this space for more photos shortly.......



5 comments:

Daffycat said...

Oh it's beautiful, Jackie!

Have a happy Easter!

Brigitte said...

Jackie, what a beautiful box this is. I love the BBD design Carol used for the top. Everything is a very special gift. Enjoy.
This exhibition looks very special, too. If I lived nearby I'd like to visit, too.
Looking forward to seeing your framed piece and your new project.

Katrina said...

Jackie very pretty! Carol always makes the nicest pieces. Hope you had a wonderful Easter and I am looking forward to more pictures.

Tammy said...

Oh, what a gorgeous box! Thx for stopping by my blog--I'm adding you to my blog roll. See you soon!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

That is so pretty!

Love your blog :)
Tanya