Sunday, November 28, 2010

The wait is over..........

I am pleased to announce the safe arrival of our new grand-daughter, Thora!

Thora Urska Smedley arrived on Friday 26th November (which, it turned out, was not Brians birthdayafter all, in spite of my last post..... his birthday is 27th November and always has been for the thirty something years that I have known him :-) For some reason I had it fixed in my mind that his birthday fell on a Friday this year Anyway, back to the baby...). Thora weighed in at a healthy 7lbs 1oz and mother and baby are both doing well!

We have had snow this week, hence the rather wintry feel to my blog. I have spent a large portion of today wrapping Christmas presents so I am hoping that will free up some time to play with my new sewing machine tomorrow evening. I have also been sorting through my stash of Just Cross stitch ornament magazines. Every year I promise that I will stitch a selection of ornaments and every year I leave it a little late ..... okay, more than a little late I agree......oh well, I have baby things to stitch for now anyway....... :-)

Only a few more days of work and then I have a week off and may just get a little stitching done. Then I may even have a picture or two to share, who knows?

Thanks to all those that continue to visit and leave comments!

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Huge congrats!!! What happy news and gorgeous name too ;-).

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on the wonderful news!

Lois said...

So happy to hear of the safe arrival of Thora! I hope mum and baby are both doing well. Wrapping Christmas presents? My dear, you are way ahead of me!!! Enjoy your week off, I'm sure it will include some baby cuddling time. Looking forward to seeing what you stitch when you pick that needle up again.

xox

Karoline said...

Congratulations