Friday, May 16, 2008





My friend Carol and I have finished the Shepherds Bush etuis and here are a selction of photos of the work 'in progress'. Blogger does not seem to be showing the photos in the order that I uploaded them, but not to worry........ All motifs for this etui were taken from a Shepherds Bush leaflet called 'Wandering Vine'. Here is the SB website, (in the unlikely event that you don't already know them): www.shepherdsbush.net/

The design was stitched on flax linen, using recommended DMC thread. We lined the etuis with silk in an eau de nil colour and used gloriana silk ribbon in Bluegrass. I think that covers everything. I will be back with more photos of the finished item shortly. We are thrilled with the end result and we hope you like them too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it!! It really looks gorgeous! I like the colours and the fabric and the design and espcially the finishing

Sharon said...

That is a stunning finish! Congratulations!